Today more than ever, all institutions who have contributed to the goals of the Partnership for Evidence and Equity in Responsive Social Systems (PEERSS) share a deep conviction that evidence-informed policymaking (EIP) is one of the foundations of strong health and social systems. Investments in EIP ensure better policy decisions, advance health and social equity, and improve health and social outcomes.
Since its establishment in 2018, 13 country teams and 15 institutions within the PEERSS partnership have worked together to advance EIP, with a focus on the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), throughout the world. During this time, the partnership has:
- Established EIP hubs that coached, mentored, and co-created alongside 13 country teams seeking to understand, support, and enhance EIP in their countries and regions
- Convened forums of EIP leaders, practitioners, and advocates to share lessons learned and drive progress
- Generated evidence-based strategies to advance EIP in varying social and political contexts
- Promoted greater alignment and harmonization for coordinated support and investment towards, and momentum behind, EIP within our own organizations and across the globe
From its inception, PEERSS aimed to advance a joint agenda on EIP across health and social sectors. Together, we have achieved much of this vision, including – and perhaps most importantly – coalescing around collaborative peer-to-peer learning as a valuable approach for strategically advancing EIP. In the wake of these successes, and with immense pride and gratitude for what this partnership has accomplished to date, we are announcing the conclusion of the PEERSS partnership as of 31 July 2023.
While PEERSS will cease formal operations, we are committed to keeping existing PEERSS resources publicly available on PEERSS.org, which will remain online and accessible as an archived website. Over the last few months, we have also produced numerous knowledge products outlining lessons and recommendations from the partnership (outlined below). We hope the momentum of this global partnership will continue to make an impact and catalyze the global advancement of EIP in health and social sectors.
We want to express our deepest gratitude and appreciation to everyone who has supported or engaged with PEERSS over the years and remain committed to championing EIP. Your support for stronger evidence systems and better decisions that improve lives will remain invaluable as we transition and continue building momentum in the years ahead.
We encourage you to explore the rich learnings and lessons from PEERSS in the learning products below and share widely with your professional networks.
- Video Series and Blog: Building effective partnerships and learning collaboratively to strengthen evidence-informed policymaking in the social sectors
- Brief: With a Little Help from My Friends – Lessons on Researcher-Policymaker Collaboration from the PEERSS Partnership
- Report: How Learning and Collaboration Hubs Can Strengthen Evidence-Informed Policymaking: Lessons from PEERSS
- Report: Lessons about Evidence-Informed Policymaking from a Global Learning Partnership
- Brief: Lessons from R4D’s Role as Coordinating Organization in the Partnership for Evidence and Equity in Responsive Social Systems
- Country Stories of Change:
In the spirit of PEERSS’ shared values of Equity, Co-creation, and Commitment, overall guidance for the promotion or use of documents, resources, and tools published by PEERSS is outlined below:
To promote or use any of these or other PEERSS publications, please be sure to cite PEERSS using the following example:
PEERSS (Year). Name of Publication. PEERSS Partners listed at https://peerss.org.
You can also stay informed about each partner organization that made up PEERSS by visiting their respective websites. We look forward to seeing everything these organizations continue to accomplish!